Our vision, values & goals
At Oxfam Australia, we believe all lives are equal and no-one should live in poverty. We believe that in a wealthy world, poverty is unjustifiable and preventable, that the present state of inequality and injustice must be challenged, and that with the right support, people can change their lives for the better.
Our visionA just and sustainable world without the inequalities that keep people in poverty.
Our purposeWe relieve and eliminate poverty.
- Accountability: Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and we believe in mutual accountability with those we work and partner with.
- Empowerment: Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam Australia, from our team and supporters to people and communities living in poverty, should feel they can participate and make change happen.
- Equality: We want to create a fairer, more equal world where the rights of all people are recognised. We achieve this through our work around the world and our own internal practice.
- Inclusiveness: We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
- Sustainability: Our focus is on long-term change to effectively challenge the structural causes of poverty. To ensure organisational longevity, as well as that of the environment, we believe in acting sustainably across all aspects of our work.